COLLABORATE WITH US
Are you looking for a rewarding career with a growing company? Do you want to be part of something larger than yourself? Would you like to positively affect today’s student for a brighter future for everyone?
At Learning Sciences International, we value diversity, creativity and innovation. That’s why we continually look for talented and motivated people who are independent thinkers and who thrive in team environments. With a flat corporate structure, everyone is responsible and accountable to each other. We hire experts to join our team and then let them do their thing because we trust in their skills and experience.
You may be the next Learning Sciences team member if you:
- are self-motivated
- want to make a positive impact on the company for which you work
- enjoy constant learning
- want to push yourself to reach new skills
Sales and Marketing Director
As a leading innovative developer of professional development solutions for educators predominately in the K-12 school systems, Learning Sciences International is differentiating itself through continuous improvements and advancements in our core technologies. We are passionate about our contribution to professional development in K-12 educational settings and seek individuals who understand the importance of professional learning and the link to student learning. With two locations in Pennsylvania -- Blairsville and York -- and one in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida; Learning Sciences is expanding our sales and marketing team. We are seeking a Sales & Marketing Director to coordinate our product, sales, marketing, and business intelligence teams. The successful candidate will develop and implement strategic marketing, sales, and product development programs, both short and long range, targeted toward existing and new markets in the field of teacher and school leadership evaluation and development products and services.
Education and Experience
- Experience in education sales and marketing strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business with a minimum of five years related experience with progressive managerial responsibilities.
- Demonstrated in-depth sales and marketing techniques and financial principles.
- Effective ability to communicate orally and in written form.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and implements strategic marketing plans and sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
- Coordinates marketing team, sales team, business intelligence, creative, and product development team for an aligned strategic plan.
- Plans and oversees sales outreach, advertising, and promotion including email, print, web, electronic media, and direct mail.
- Develops and recommends product positioning to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Achieves satisfactory profit/loss ratio and market share in relation to preset standards and industry and economic trends.
- Ensures effective control of marketing results, and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Monitors competitor products, sales and marketing activities.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- With the CFO, directs market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Assists other departments within organization to prepare manuals and technical publications.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Reviews and analyzes sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness.
- With senior executives, helps direct product research and development.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Corporate Communications and Publications Manager
Operations Manager, Blairsville, PA
Are you looking for an opportunity to apply your experience in ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency, and profitability of a growing organization? Are you motivated by helping grow and develop all members of the team to improve and thrive in their respective roles? At Learning Sciences International, we are looking for an experienced Operations Manager with proven experience in planning, directing, and coordinating the operations of our fast-paced organization. Additionally, experience in leading an organization that provides professional services is desirable.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and Supervision - Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various departments in the organization.
- Financial - Utilize financial data to improve profitability.
- Best Practices - Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Formulate and implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Human Resources - Plan the use of human resources. Organize recruitment and placement of required staff. Establish organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance. Lead the professional growth of team members to build expertise.
- Product Fulfillment - Coordinate and monitor the work of all professional development fulfillment team members. Monitor performance and implement improvements. Manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Communication - Facilitate coordination and communication between support functions to ensure all team members are aligned as process improvements are implemented.
- Customer Service - Manage customer support to ensure that the team is resourced appropriately to ensure that customers receive timely, effective, and high quality responses to their needs.
- Strategic Input – Serve as the liaison to the Executive management team. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activities. Implement and manage operational plans.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, supply chain management or related field
- Knowledge and experience in organizational effectiveness and operations management
- Knowledge of business and management principles and practices
- Knowledge of financial and accounting principles and practices
- Knowledge of human resource principles and practices
- Knowledge of project management principles and practices
- Information technology skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Planning and organizing
- Communication skills
- Influencing and leading
- Team work
- Conflict management
- Stress tolerance
Responsibilities and Duties
- To design professional development in the following areas: instructional leadership, walkthroughs, use of data to improve student achievement, effective instructional practices, developing, implementing, and evaluating professional development programs.
- Communicate effectively with teachers, principals, central office administrators and other stakeholders.
- Facilitate various protocols for examining data, collaborating, and developing new learning.
- Collaborate with other professional developers in the development and implementation of professional development.
- Maintain ongoing communication with LSI clients to ensure successful implementation efforts.
- Participate in LSI professional development certification program.
- Complete appropriate documentation related to implementation efforts.
- Stay current on educational trends by actively reading journals, participating in webinars, and accessing information through the internet and/or professional organizations.
- Willingness to collaborate within a team milieu and co-facilitate professional development.
- Ability to think flexibly and devise creative solutions for adapting to the needs of the client.
- Ability to work with the diverse needs of small, large, urban, rural, and suburban school districts across the country.
- Ability to structure own time.
- Local, statewide, and national travel.
- Flexible hours based on assignment.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Director of Enterprise Development
Outside Sales Representative
About the Job
Want to run your sales campaigns like you’re running your own business? And make a difference?
You: An experienced sales veteran who knows how to network, how to make the most of hot leads, cold leads, incoming leads, and any other kind of lead that may someday be invented. You’re ready for some real autonomy, to own a territory and to make the decisions as to how you will sell to it without micromanagement or second-guessing. You’re good at moving any product, but you’ve had your fill of selling products and services you may or may not completely believe in, and you feel it’s time for you to really make a difference. Congratulations, keep reading.
Us: We’re looking for sales reps in Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and New York to sell a framework of products and services to school districts, products shown to increase student achievement by an average of 16 percentile points. And that is a very big deal. We are Learning Sciences International, with locations in Blairsville, Pennsylvania and Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Our 12 year old company is a rising star K-12 education reform, a market so hot it has even become a focus of this year’s presidential campaigns. And we’re offering superior income for a superior performance. Residency within close proximity of the airport is preferred.
Sound interesting? You don’t even know half of it yet. If you’d like to know more, email Gail Shepherd, Corporate Communications and Publications Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org Respond with a resume and a cover letter.
Corporate Communications and Publications Manager
We do not currently have any other openings, but we are always looking for talented people. If you feel you would be a great addition to our team, please email your cover letter and resume or CV for our review. If your skills and expertise match our needs, we’ll be in touch.