Demonstration Schools for Rigor
Showcase schools to foster rigorous learning, collaboration, and achievement in standards-based classrooms
Why Demonstration Schools?
Learning Sciences partners with more than two dozen schools in the US to successfully implement demonstration schools. We developed the Demonstration Schools for Rigor initiative because we know that teachers and school administrators are feeling challenged by new academic standards.
Demonstration Schools for Rigor address the critical need in US public education to develop today’s students for tomorrow’s challenges. They exemplify the level of teaching and learning required by rigorous state standards as teachers and administrators work together to:
- Plan standards-based lessons
- Participate in instructional rounds
- Train on classroom strategies in the Essentials for Achieving Rigor model
- Use formative assessment data to make instructional decisions
- Leverage the use of peer collaboration and coaching
- Use technology to interact and track student progress
- Reflect on data for continuous improvement
In time, these schools become replicable “model schools” for their district or geographical area, a place where other educators visit to witness best practices in pedagogy for standards-based classrooms.