Use this handbook in self-help, study group, and teacher workshop situations to implement the research-based classroom management practices from the ASCD best-seller Classroom Management That Works. The authors guide you through the classroom management approaches that support higher student achievement and provide you with hundreds of classroom-proven strategies and recommendations for:
- Establishing basic rules and procedures
- Using effective discipline and consequences
- Creating positive teacher-student relationships
- Exhibiting a sound mental set for difficult situations
- Making students responsible for classroom management
- Dealing with schoolwide management issues
Questionnaires, discussion topics, case studies, and self-assessments help you see how and when to apply the best approach for a positive achievement gain in any grade level.