It’s never been easier or more cost-efficient to lead an engaging professional development workshop, training, or study group on the student learning improvement possible with the consistent use of Assessment for Learning (AFL).
No known practice is more effective than classroom formative assessment for producing a significant positive impact on student achievement and long-term performance results for schools and districts.
Designed around Dylan Wiliam and Siobhán Leahy’s best-selling book, Embedding Formative Assessment, Practical Techniques for K-12 Classrooms, this comprehensive multimedia pack provides school leaders with a complete set of print and visual tools targeted at changing teacher practice including a variety of proven techniques for implementing formative assessment.
The pack contains everything needed to hold a high-performance professional development day and 18 monthly follow-up workshops including:
- The best-selling book, Embedding Formative Assessment, Practical Techniques for K-12 Classrooms, which provides the framework and instructional practices that make up the core content
- Content-rich disc 1 features materials for nine monthly workshops in year 1, and supporting printable materials, as well as six informational presentations by Dylan Wiliam
- Companion disc 2 features materials for nine monthly workshops in year 2 and includes printable outlines, handouts, agendas, an evaluation form, and other materials for ongoing teacher learning community workshops
- Bonus materials include a PDF version of Dylan Wiliam’s timeless publication Assessment for learning: why, what and how?, plus 12 video shorts of Dylan Wiliam’s “Learning and Teaching Scotland (LTS)” presentation
This all-in-one pack is indispensable for helping educators reform current instructional systems to:
- Clarify, share, and understand learning intentions and success criteria
- Engineer productive discussion and activities that elicit evidence of learning
- Provide feedback that moves learners forward
- Activate students as learning resources for each other
- Motivate students to be owners of their own learning