The STEM Instruction Pack by William N. Bender helps teachers transition to STEM instruction. This convenient set includes the in-depth book 20 Strategies for STEM Instruction and a four-page companion quick reference guide that gives teachers at-a-glance instructional strategies to deepen student learning in a STEM setting.
The STEM Instruction Pack addresses engineering, coding, robotics, and augmented reality along with ways to leverage flipped classrooms, rubrics, hypothesis testing, and goal setting. It also advises on differentiation and helping students self-evaluate.
Exploring the latest STEM instructional trends and specific teaching techniques, Bender highlights research evidence and offers practical advice to help teachers:
- Facilitate effective studying to make the most of instructional time
- Integrate project-based learning with STEM instruction
- Modify and adapt STEM strategies to meet the needs of each learner
- Use engineering design principals to focus on real-world problems
- Emphasize teamwork and collaboration around rigorous math and science content