The Embedding Formative Assessment Pack by Dylan Wiliam and Siobhán Leahy helps K-12 educators navigate classroom formative assessment with clear, practical instructions that center on five key strategies and techniques for effective implementation. This handy pack contains the book Embedding Formative Assessment: Practical Techniques for K-12 Classrooms and a quick reference guide that summarizes the most effective formative assessment techniques for each strategy for on-the-spot decisions, including:
- Clarifying, sharing, and understanding learning intentions and success criteria
- Engineering productive discussion and activities that elicit evidence of learning
- Providing feedback that moves learners forward
- Activating students as learning resources for each other
- Activating students as owners of their own learning
With the book and companion guide, readers will learn when and how to use the specific techniques, along with tips, cautions, and enhancements, to sustain formative assessment.