Schools for rigor proven results
All Signs Point to Success
Florida is home to some of the country’s largest public school districts, including the School District of Palm Beach County, which ranks 11th largest in the U.S. But size alone doesn’t highlight the unique challenges that many FL districts face when working to improve their core instruction and leadership practices. With partnerships in every corner of the state, the rapid and sustained impacts of LSI’s Schools for Rigor partnerships are on full display in the graphic below.
|Palm Beach||Belle Glades ES||F||C||↑|
|Palm Beach||Glade View ES||D||C||↑|
|Palm Beach||Glades Central HS||C||C||→|
|Palm Beach||Gove ES||D||D||→|
|Palm Beach||Canal Point ES||F||C||↑|
|Palm Beach||Lake Shore MS||F||C||↑|
|Palm Beach||Pahokee ES||D||C||↑|
|Palm Beach||Pahokee MS/HS||C||C||→|
|Palm Beach||Pioneer Park ES||D||C||↑|
|Palm Beach||Rosenwald ES||D||B||↑|
|Pinellas||Bear Creek ES||C||A||↑|
|Seminole||Pine Crest ES||F||D||↑|
Schools for Rigor Success Stories
The best way to understand the significant impacts and gains that LSI’s Schools for Rigor initiative provides is to listen to and observe the students, teachers, and school leaders who’ve lived it. These first-hand accounts from across the nation reveal what’s possible when everyone works together to seek meaningful change.
But don’t take our word for it, take a (virtual) stroll through our hall of fame. We’ve worked with districts of all shapes, sizes, and demographics.
We can design a comprehensive plan or target focused needs over a shorter period—whatever you need.
- How a Great City School District is Improving Student Achievement, Increasing Equity and Closing Achievement Gaps (Des Moines, IA)
- An “A” School in Danger Takes Action (Acreage Pines, FL)
- From Great to Exemplary (Calusa, FL)
- How Two Michigan Administrators Closed the Achievement Gap (Kingsley, MI)
- Princeton: Coaching in Action (Princeton, MN)
- “Tremendous Results” in a Single Year (Glades, FL)
- On Our Way to An A! (Pinellas County Schools, FL)
- "I'm a Better Instructional Leader Now." (Muscogee County School District, GA)
Check out our success stories, and subscribe to get a first glimpse of new case studies when they’re hot off the presses.
TOUR A DEMO SCHOOL
Demonstration Schools for Rigor inspire hope and model action! They’re living proof that the school of the future can be created today.
Demo schools show exactly what student-centered, standards-based learning looks like--what educators say and do, and what students say and do, in real time, in real classrooms. Districts working with LSI on comprehensive plans often create a model school as part of a carefully planned rollout to energize, inform, and inspire change across the district.
Student-centered, standards-based education works and is a joy to behold!
Demonstration Schools for Rigor
- Acreage Pines Elementary (FL)
- Calusa Elementary (FL)
- Clarcona Elementary (FL)
- Findley Elementary (IA)
- Howe Elementary (IA)
- Little River Elementary (FL)
- Lovejoy Elementary (IA)
- Perkins Elementary (IA)
- Kingsley Middle School (MI)
- Palm Springs Community Middle (FL)
- South Creek Middle School (FL)
- Weeks Middle School (IA)
- Alexander Dreyfoos School of the Arts (FL)
- Colonial High School (FL)
- North High School (IA)
Regional Demonstration Schools for Rigor
Regional Demonstration Schools are a unique model for large rural regions. These schools collaborate across district lines for professional development, coaching, and implementation to maximize resources and support.
- ACGC Elementary (MN)
- Princeton South Elementary (MN)
- Princeton North Elementary (MN)
- Vandyke Elementary School (MN)
- Princeton Middle School (MN)
- ACGC High School (MN)
- Deer River High School (MN)
- Greenway High School (MN)
- Princeton High School (MN)
Seeing is believing.
Schedule a visit to an LSI School for Rigor.