In Cultivating Coaching Mindsets: An Action Guide for Literacy Leaders, Rita M. Bean and Jacy Ippolito put their years of research experience, classroom teaching, and consulting work into the ultimate guide for coaches and leaders responsible for literacy learning in their schools.
Here in Unpacking Coaching Mindsets: Collaboration Between Principals and Coaches, Ippolito and Bean take that guide and distill it into an approachable, on-the-go resource for literacy leaders and principals alike. It serves three essential groups and roles:
- For established literacy leaders, as a quick reference guide for essential concepts
- For aspiring literacy professionals, as a study guide to better prepare them for their education and professional work
- For coaches and principals, as a conversation starter for greater collaboration and more effective leadership
With notes directly from the authors, concrete recommendations for improvement and self-assessment, and reflection questions for both coaches and principals to get the conversation started, Ippolito and Bean have created the most practical reference guide for any literacy leader to pick up and begin using immediately.
Product Code: BPP180003
ISBN: 9781943920273 | 06/15/18
“Crisp. Clean. Succinct. A gem for coaches and other teacher leaders to visit and revisit when there’s never enough time!”
- Enrique A. Puig, Ed.D., Director, Morgridge International Reading Center
"An easy to follow, useful guide, that is a must-read for all education leaders who truly wish to transform their literacy practices to improve student achievement in their school."
- Charlene A. Trovato, PhD, Chair, Doctor of Education Program, University of Pittsburgh
"As a reference guide, this companion to Cultivating Coaching Mindsets: An Action Guide for Literacy Leaders will serve as an invaluable tool for literacy leaders and literacy-leaders-to-be! It brings resources together from various places (including the experience and expertise of the authors) and provides suggestions for "uses" by various stakeholders. This is a great asset for graduate coursework."
- Misty Sailors, PhD, Director, Center for the Inquiry of Transformative Literacies
"I've worked closely with my Academic Coaches for a number of years. I have a few Assistant Principals that are new to this way of work. Unpacking Coaching Mindsets is a quick and easy read that provides strategies used by coaches and administrators to collaboratively support all stakeholders, recommended levels of support for teachers and questions for needs assessments and reflection. Both authors (Rita Bean and Jacy Ippolito) provide notes at the end of each chapter."
- Jason Looney, Principal, Tenoroc High School, Polk County